As we enter the blossoming season of Spring, it’s a good time to start looking for a new home, and time to make plans to get your home ready to sell!
Most sellers want their home to sell fast and bring in top dollar, and careful planning and preparation can help make that happen. Whether your home needs a little sprucing up or a major overhaul, now is a good time to take inventory and prioritize your “to do” list.
Help get your home ready to sell with these JoanieRealtor Sales Prep Tips:
- De-Personalize. It’s a good time to pack personal photos, family heirlooms, and other personalized items that can distract buyers. Help buyers imagine themselves living in your home by taking “you” out of it.
- De-Clutter. Since you are going to be packing anyway, take the time to get rid of things you don’t need and that take up space. Books, knick-knacks, items on counters – anything you don’t use on a consistent daily basis, and even some items you do!
- Clean-Out. Cabinets, closets, drawers – buyers will be checking everything to see how much space there is and how the doors and drawers move. You don’t want items falling out, or clothing hanging haphazardly. Stack, line, and hang things neatly as if you were awaiting inspection from Martha Stewart.
- Repair and Replace. While you may have gotten used to the crack in the floor, the leaky faucet in the bathroom, and the dirty walls in the hall, these little things can make a big negative impression. Fix these minor repairs, and while you’re at it, patch holes in the walls, fix doors and drawers that don’t close properly, replace light bulbs, and get rid of anything that’s looking old and worn.
- Be A Cleaning Machine. One of the very best things you can do to help your home sell is make sure it is sparkly clean inside and out. Windows, floors, ceiling fan blades, grout, sidewalks and siding, and even faucets and mirrors should be shining when potential buyers come to visit.
- Create Great Curb Appeal. Take a good look at your home from the outside and see if the sidewalks are clean and clear, of if they need to be pressure washed. Trim the bushes, cut the grass, and plant some new flowers to add some nice color that will attract attention.
Creating a home that is neat and tidy can go a long way in attracting buyers and receiving a fair market offer. Take advantage of the beautiful weather and get your home ready to “spring” onto the real estate market with a bang!