If you are thinking of putting your house on the market, listing it with Joanie will ensure you get the highest level of service and experience to sell your home in a professional manner and at a fair price. Joanie's background in finance, and real estate marketing skills, will gain consistent attention from buyers looking for a home like yours.
During times of financial strain, before you consider a short-sale or foreclosure, contact Joanie. As a Certified Distressed Property Expert® (CDPE), Joanie understands the complex issues and can offer solutions to homeowners facing hardships.
Experienced, knowledgable, and committed to selling your home - call Joanie Heighes today to schedule a free consultation.
- I identify what buyers are looking for and the financial and emotional incentives that will encourage them to buy your home
- Using my expert knowledge of the market I create a Comparative Market Analysis on your home to help you set the right price the first time around
- We will walk-through your home together so that I can identify any cosmetic changes that will have big payoffs for you and which ones don’t really matter to homebuyers
- I network with agents from all over Jacksonville and use my personal connections to make sure that other agents are actively showing your home as well
- I have several advertising methods- both in print and online that I use to highlight your home.
- I utilize exclusive online listing opportunities on www.joanierealtor.com along with realtor.com.
- I use the best professional photographers in Jacksonville, and we can even discuss the use of staging to make sure your house looks better than the competition.
- I keep you updated on your home’s market activity so you can make informed decisions throughout the process
- I negotiate the sale with the buyer and buyer’s agent to provide you the most favorable terms
- Once the offer is accepted , my team and I will continue to manage and monitor every step of the process leading up to the closing.
- Prior to closing I will review all documents and then be there with you until your property is sold.
Tips For Sellers
- Price it Right! Or you...
- Attract Qualified Buyers
- Be Market Smart
- How to Get a Fair Price
- Spruce Up Your Home To Sell
- May not get many views, visits, or offers
- Are likely to have your home on the market for a long time
- May have to make 2 mortgage payments if you already bought another home
- Will STILL have to negotiate down when an offer does come in
- Will end up at - or slightly below - market value
- Will have lost a lot of time, which could have been avoided if the house had been priced right from the start
- If you tried to sell it yourself without success, it’s never too late to work with a real estate agent
- Agents screen and pre-qualify the buyers they bring to your home to ensure...
- ... they are financially qualified
- ... they are looking for your style of home
- ... they are looking for a home priced in your same range
- ... they are looking for a home like yours
- When you have qualified buyers viewing your home, you are more likely to receive quality offers at a fair price
- Be realistic - your upgrades may not mean as much to some buyers as they do to you
- Listen to your agent - she will provide objective feedback to help you establish a price that is realistic in your market
- Consider the CMA - A Comperable Market Analysis of homes in your area that have recently sold can provide a good starting point
- Take your agent’s advice - She will know what needs to be done to increase your home’s emotional appeal
- Check out the competition - Compare homes in your area and make a list of Pros and Cons of each
- Establish the right asking price for your home
- Minimize the amount of repairs and replacements needed before putting your home on the market
- Be ready to negotiate
- Have your home ready and available for all showings
- Review and understand the specifics of any offer you receive
- Work with your trusted real estate agent
As we enter the blossoming season of Spring, it’s a good time to start looking for a new home, and time to make plans to get your home ready to sell!
Most sellers want their home to sell fast and bring in top dollar, and careful planning and preparation can help make that happen. Whether your home needs a little sprucing up or a major overhaul, now is a good time to take inventory and prioritize your “to do” list.
Creating a home that is neat and tidy can go a long way in attracting buyers and receiving a fair market offer. Take advantage of the beautiful weather and get your home ready to “spring” onto the real estate market with a bang!